Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Carnival of the True Crime Blogs XXXIV


I am proud to be hosting the Carnival of the True Crime Blogs for the first time. I love to read true crime and I look forward to the carnival each week to let me know what is interesting. So here goes.

Harding from T.O. Crime brings us tales of true crime from the true north. I like a geographic focus to my crime and Harding provides just that, focusing on crime in Toronto, Ont. This week Harding fills us in on a spate of night club shootings in Toronto.
Harding presents Clubland T.O. posted at T.O. Crime.

From the true north we go true south for Greg’s blog Rhymes with Right. The title tells you what you need to know about Greg’s politics and his blog doesn’t focus just on crime, but he brings us news of a terrible problem in Houston, TX. Greg presents Serial Killer In Houston posted at Rhymes With Right.

ShortSighted is one of the original founders of Southern Sass on Criminal Activity. Now she brings us a new blog that is devoted to the WTF stories we see every day. This week she calls our attention to the shocking conditions in the Federal Minimum Security Prison Camps. Short, haven’t you seen Good Fellas?
ShortSighted presents All Prisoners Safe in their Beds posted at Sharing the Shame.

Trench of the Trenchcoat Chronicle amazes me. Not only does he maintain three separate blogs, but he is an organizer of the True Crime Blogroll and the Carnvial of the True Crime Blogs and now he is pioneering the True Crime podcast with his Trenchcast. Trench, when do you sleep? This week he writes about the love letters of Dylan Klebold.
Trench presents Love Letter from Hell posted at Trenchcoat Chronicle.


Home Sweet Home is a blog about domestic crimes. In the murder mystery genre these stories are often called “cozies”. This week Home Sweet Home gives us a not-so-cozy tale of domestic violence and revenge.
Home Sweet Home presents They had a history of domestic violence posted at Home Sweet Home.



MagZ of Southern Sass on Crime Activity Today brings us a horrifying story about the death of a 17-month old boy. I personally don’t agree with her conclusion, but read it and judge for yourself.
MagZ presents Jaydon Hoberg (Hilleary) at Southern Sass on Criminal Activity Today.

Here at the slabtown chronicle I focus on crime from the present and past in my hometown, Portland, Oregon. This week I got a little personal and wrote about how a crime from nearly 30 years ago effects me today.
jd chandler presents Michele Gates Haunts My Dreams posted at slabtown chronicle.


That’s it for the official entries for this week’s carnival, but since I like to consider myself a criminal historian I’m not above a little theft from time to time, so here are my picks for this week’s carnival:

Laura James at CLEWS is one of my favorite crime writers. She focuses on historical crimes and she seems to love old-fashioned journalism as much as I do. This week she brings us the 1924 tale of the Bobbed Hair Bandit.
Laura James presents Jesse James in a Flapper Dress posted at CLEWS.


The mysterious and beautiful ShadoWraiths brings us an in-depth look at Satanic Ritual Abuse and Murder in Sins of Our Fathers. There is always something interesting to read at this site and I think it looks great.
ShadoWraiths presents Sins of Our Fathers at ShadoWraiths.


Stephen McCaskill at the Crime Scene Blog consistently gives us well written pieces about interesting crimes. This week he gives us a a chilling look into the mind of David Crespi who stabbed his twin daughters to death. Read it if you dare.
Stephen McCaskill presents Crime and Confession at Crime Scene Blog.

Last, but not least, I would like to remind you that our friends at the 1947 Project have finished their day-by-day chronicle of Los Angeles in 1947, but they continue their work with the year 1907. This week Larry contributes a tale of a burglary gone wrong.
Larry presents Belated Tribute to Heroic Officer posted at 1947 Project.

Well, that’s it for this week’s carnival. Keep coming back.

Submit a story for an upcoming Carnival of the True Crime Blogs with the submission form.

Past posts and future hosts may be found at the Blog Carnival Index.

[NOTE: Blogspot still seems to be having serious problems with image hosting and they just will not do javascript. Can anyone recommend a good free blog host?]


Technorati tags:

, .


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Thanks for the link.

And while you are right about my politics, I must tell you that the title of my new blog (Rhymes With Right) is actually the device I use to help my students pronounce my unusually spelled last name -- because every year I have students ask if it is a typo on their schedule.

By the way, my little brother is a cop out your way, over in Astoria.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home