Monday, April 02, 2007

A Quick Update and a Request for Help

Things are finally starting to move in the legal proceedings concerning the death of Gary George last year. Bobby Donald Barnes, AKA Michael Tucker, a registered sex offender, is charged with murder in George’s death. The circumstances around his arrest are troubling. He was arrested the same day as the murder, before the police discovered George’s body. He was several blocks away from the murder site and he was being held on a parole violation when George’s murder was discovered.

Barnes is charged with two counts of aggravated murder and felon in possession of a hand-gun. Oddly enough, George was beaten to death, according to reports and no gun was used in his death. Maybe he took the gun from George?

The case against Barnes is set for motions in Judge Jean Kerr Maurer’s court on April 23 and 24th. This hearing is supposed to include a deposition from a witness named Strazi. Here’s where I need some help. I am not able to be in court on those days and I could really use some information that will be available there. I need to know who this witness Strazi is and what he or she has to say. I need to know what the motions that day involve and what decisions get made. I also need to know who is representing Bobby Barnes, and if possible how to get in touch with them.

I am asking for one of my readers in Portland to attend the hearing on those days and report to me. Is anyone available and up to it?

Another interesting development is coming up a few days before these court hearings. Treva Richardson is scheduled for release from jail on April 19. She is the ex-girlfriend of Gary George and the ex-wife of David Hughes. It was her fight with George over a car and a dog that lead to the violent confrontation between David Hughes and Gary George just a few days before George’s death. This confrontation led to Hughes' shooting by Portland Police in November.

Treva if you are reading, please get in touch. I would love to hear your side of the story. You can email me at jdchandler2002@yahoo.com.

That’s all there is for now.




Here's a list of my posts on this case (all links are in the above text).



Unanswered Questions May 14, 2006

Updates June 11, 2006

Something Weird is Going on Here December 12, 2006

Too Many Questions Still Unanswered March 5, 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home